Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Ralf Möller
Consultation hours in non-lecture period:
- Born: 6.6.1964
- Diploma in Computer Science: 1990, University of Hamburg, Dipl. Inform.
- PhD in Computer Science: 1996, University of Hamburg, Dr. rer. nat.
- Habilitation: 2001, University of Hamburg
- Professor: 2001-2003, University of Applied Sciences Wedel
- Associate Professor: 2003-2014, Hamburg University of Technology
- Full Professor: since 2014, University of Luebeck
Ralf Möller is Full Professor for Computer Science and heads the Institute of Information Systems at Universität zu Lübeck (UzL). His main research areas are knowledge representation and data base technologies for information systems, machine learning and data mining for decision making, as well as probabilistic relational modeling in multi-agent systems.
He was Associate Professor for Computer Science at Hamburg University of Technology from 2003 to 2014. From 2001 to 2003 he was Professor at University of Applied Sciences in Wedel/Germany. In 1996 he received the degree Dr. rer. nat. from the University of Hamburg and successfully submitted his Habilitation thesis in 2001 also at the University of Hamburg.
Prof. Möller was a co-organizer of several international workshops on description logics and is the author of numerous workshop and conference papers as well as several book and journal contributions. He served as a reviewer for all major journals and conference in the knowledge representation and reasoning area. He is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems, member of the Editorial Board of the Journal on Big Data Research, as well as Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet Reviewer.
- Information Systems, Web and Data Science
- Databases and Ontologies, Logic Programming
- Relational Probabilistic Models, Machine Learning
- Algorithms and Data Structures, Computational Logics
- Applications in Medicine, Science, and Engineering
- Algorithms and Data Structures (Summer)
- Bachelor Lab
- Bachelor Seminar
- Introduction to Databases (Summer)
- Introduction to Web and Data Science (Winter)
- IFIS Seminar (Summer and Winter)
- Nonstandard-Databases (Winter)
- Web Science (Winter)
- Older Lectures
Previously supervised PhD Students can be found here.
Major Scientific Activities
- Associate Editor for the Knowledge and Information Systems Journal
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Big Data Research Journal
- Reviewer für Mathematical Reviews Database